Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Jeffrey Whittle in His Studio (work in progress, 19)

19

Finished. These photos reproduce the painting's actual colors a bit more faithfully. Surprisingly, I got better color results using four 60-watt incandescent bulbs to light the painting than with previous setups using twin 500-watt tungsten lamps or natural illumination (northern light around 2 pm.) Go figure. The camera, by the way, is a several-years-old Sony 4.0 mp Cyber-shot. This painting, at 21 x 16 inches, is slightly smaller than the previous example on the blog.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your work! Thanks for sharing this.

I've just begun trying to learn egg tempera (on my very first painting now). It's been very instructive and inspiring to see your works developing in stages this way.

Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

djembe,
Thanks for the kind words. And good luck with your tempera painting. May it be the first of many.
Dennis

Jeff Whittle said...

I'm just another Jeff Whittle in the world. Thought I would say great work.

Jeff said...

I'm another jeff whittle liking your work too :)